Nutritive baby puree recipes
Baby food starts to be included in a baby's diet from the age of five months. This is a great time for parents, and a key moment in a child's development, so it is very important to include as much variety as possible.
Even though they are small, our children can also get tired of the same meals every day. For this reason, at Mibabytienda.com we offer you a variety of recipes, to which you can add other ingredients, so that your children's feeding is entertaining.
For the cold season, make your children this delicious soft pumpkin cream with parmesan cheese, which creates a balanced combination that offers them a vitamin-packed dinner they'll love.
1 kg pumpkin
75 g grated Parmesan cheese
1 soft cheese
600 ml vegetable stock
600 ml of cooking cream
How to prepare
1. Wash and cut the pumpkin into small squares, chop the leeks and onion.
2. Pour the stock, the chopped vegetables, a little salt and a drizzle of oil into a saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
3. Blend the mixture with a blender or potato masher until it has the desired texture.
4. Return to the pan over low heat and gradually add the cream and the crumbled cheese. Whisk again.
5. Pass the mixture through a sieve and add the grated cheese. Let it melt and mix well. It can be served with croutons.
Courgette purée is a very pleasant recipe for babies from 6 months of age to start trying new flavours. The time has come to start introducing vegetables into their diet, and there is nothing better than courgette for this.
Courgette purée is a very easy, convenient and quick recipe to prepare. Courgette is an exquisite vegetable that, due to its high water content, has diuretic effects and does not provide too many calories.
1 medium courgette
1 medium potato
1/2 litre of water or homemade vegetable broth.
Tips: if the puree is for children, you can add a small piece of cream cheese when you put the mixture in the blender. You can also add pieces of bread to the puree.
How to prepare
1- Boil water or homemade vegetable stock (fresh or frozen).
2- Wash and peel the courgette (or not) and cut into small pieces.
3- Wash and peel the potato and dice it.
4- When the water or stock comes to the boil, add the courgette and potato chunks.
5- Leave everything to cook until everything is done, for approximately 5 minutes.
6- Add everything to a blender and blend until you have a light, thick mixture, without lumps.
7- Pour the cream into the baby's saucer and wait for it to cool before serving.
For babies, serve the courgette purée on its own. For children who already eat solids, it can be served with fried bread or fried courgette pieces, according to their taste.
Green bean puree
From six months onwards we can begin to introduce foods such as green beans in the form of purées.
There are several vegetables suitable for six-month-old babies, such as pumpkin, potatoes and green beans. They contain nutrients that will help the baby's development, especially fibre, potassium and calcium, as well as vitamin C.
500 g green beans
4 medium potatoes
Tips: instead of green beans you can use peas or broad beans.
How to prepare
1. Wash and remove the strands from the green beans and cut them in half.
2. Wash and peel the potatoes and carrots, and chop them together with the white part of the leek.
3. Put everything in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Heat over a high heat, bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about twenty minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Strain the vegetables, reserving the stock.
5. Blend the vegetables in a blender or potato masher with a little of the reserved stock and a drizzle of olive oil until you have the desired texture.
Mi Baby Tienda's tip: For older children, you can add chopped boiled egg and diced ham when serving the cream.